Friday, February 27, 2009

One Happy meal not Two











So we are hitting very tough economic times and with kids, we as parents need to really educate them on spending and saving. My boys are 4 and 2 and they already understand the power of money and how money gets you things. I am also trying to teach them how Daddy works to get us some of that money and now little Josh even places his candy on counter to pay. But cashier must give it back ASAP, if he or she places in the bag, you will hear a loud scream. All in all they understand that that piece of paper or coin gives them power, power to obtain things like CANDY. I am surprised that Lucas the other day comprehended that I bought 1 Happy Meal and plain nuggets to eat, I explained we needed to save and that we would give the toy to Josh. I was not sure how that was going to work out but he was very mature and ate all the chicken nuggets, even Josh's- lol. But Josh was sleeping and was happy to get the toy. There are many things parents can do to still have a good time like actually go to birthday parties you are invited to, because the gift will be cheaper than going out. You can find cheaper than Chuckee Cheese places like the Party Gym on route 9 in NJ, fast food joints with a slide, ( they are happy with any size slide) free community events and more. One thing is for sure, I do not want to save on the smiles and good times these little ones give me. I mean I stopped by the mall and when Josh saw the tiny carousel, he said WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE as if he arrived in Disney or something. The point is, the kids need to get out of the house once in a while and one can still do that on a budget. Here are some pictures of our Little lunch outing yesterday with bff Ana Clara.

No comments: