Thursday, March 5, 2009

Grandma's Bread Pudding
















My late grandma Feuza, would always make this type of Brazilian Bread Pudding with fresh grated coconut and yuca, (hard to explain) for my father every time he visited Brazil. And for me she always made this cus cus dessert even harder to explain, but involved fresh grated coconut and sweet condensed milk, yummyyyy. The most beautiful thing about it was that it was guaranteed, she would always make it because she wanted to please us, she wanted to express her love and appreciation and how much she had missed us since we have lived here in the US. Yesterday's maternity photo shoot reminded me of her Bread Pudding because the word pleasing just kept coming into my mind. I have never seen a husband compliment his wife so much as I did see Rodrigo. He went upstairs to get her outfits and made sure his shirts matched hers. He told her how beautiful her makeup was and how gorgeous she looks at 8 months pregnant and then during the shoot he told her she looked like a model and so forth. And Rita just smiled and smiled and her smile was shining brighter than yesterday's winter sun. The shoot was so unique, winter, snow,sun, beach but most of all it had two very loving people who always aim to please each other and out of this union they are expecting Hannah. Here are some shots but there are many more to come.