Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Best Gift


People are running around trying to get last minute gifts in the super market, all the single roses are almost gone and still chocolate boxes left. I look around today and those things are all great but I love the simple gifts, the ones who cherish for a long time, or the little ones you get daily, a laugh, a hug, a note or a phone call. It is about small caring gestures and not big gifts. My husband and I had gone away and that was our little pre- Valentine's celebration already and tonight keeping it simple with beef stew dinner and a watching the movie Fireproof. The best gift this Valentine's came on Thursday when my 4 year old bout me a card the teacher helped him make at his play school. Inside the card was a picture he drew all by himself and when I asked him who that was, he said was it was me. My heart just melteddddddd. I thought the little bald man was the cutest version of me EVER. Just the fact that my son could draw two eyes, arms and legs was so great! I will cherish this card as long as I can. To all my fellow bloggers, love more, laugh more, work less and enjoy this special day.

No comments: