Monday, April 13, 2009

He went to get her





















Last minute photo shoots make me a little nervous and when it is a wedding last minute photo shoots, I hear a great scream in my head "YIKESSSSSS". My good friend Christiane Rincon calls me to say that her brother in law Jesus was getting married in two days and if I could photograph their special moment as well as an E session for an album. We reviewed differant options and it was booked. Rain was expected and we would do a day after or shall I say two days after E session style photo shoot. As I parked my car in front of their house on a very windy sunny Sunday morning, there they came, Jesus and Maria Giovanna, a young amazingly beautiful Venezuelan couple. As we drove away for our destination by the sea, I was able to find out a little more about the couple. They had met in the USA 5 years ago but they were just acquaintances, Jesus was friends with MG's cousins and they had hung out in groups but never thought anything about it, just a girl, just a girl living in two different countries but both born in Venezuela. Jesus told me it was only a year ago that they clicked but she still lived in Venezuela, some trips back and forth and they knew they were made for each other. Giovanna would shyly add some details or two in her broken English and I asked questions in my awful PortoEspanhol! but was amazed that he went for her. He went to ask for her hand in marriage and met the in laws then, a couple of months before their wedding date. They plan a destination wedding at the end of the year where both families can all come together. Here are some shots from the Day After Happily Ever Session.