Sunday, November 16, 2008

Meet you on the 9th floor

I called my husband up and told him how much I loved him and how he was the best hubbie in the world. I than went for it! I made my request for the Three point OH present. I wanted to get pictures done of us, me, the kids, the family.. He sighed, rolled over his eyes and said when? So I explained probably next Sunday, meanwhile I had it all planned in my head. Luckily two photographers I admire were having some great holiday sales and I went for it. On Wednesday, we shot with Paula Leme ( www.paulaleme.com), that is another story itself! but for my photo shoot today, I booked with NJ Brazilian Photographer Bianca Valentim ( www.biancavalentim.com). I had written Bianca an email explaining my crazy ideas of the photo shoot to be family doing Christmas Shopping, so we planned to meet up by Macy's in the city. Well turns out we hit one of the coldest days this year and I was scared I would not be able to get shots of the boys outside as I wanted to. So I woke up early ( had barely slept) to pack bags, get my hair ready and get ready for the photo shoot. I thought to myself, oh I should not take my camera because it is freezing cold and I do not even know how we are going to do this with these two boys plus I am too anxious to even think about that right now. So we are on the turnpike probably two exits down and my brother in law who Thank God came with us, said where is your camera? I said, I did not bring it! You had to pick my husband's jaw off the floor. He was like, out of all people you, no camera, not even the regular one!!! We are going to the city for crying out loud! and my brother in law just added on to the pressure. I begin to bite my lip and twirl my hair and I was so mad because they were absolutely right! Three Words came to my head. " I am a photographer" and I should have that camera with me at all times, attached to my hip, not missing out on any special moments or news wordy events. As Bianca who is by the way so sweet and adorable went up the escalator to reach the 9Th floor of Macy's where the Christmas Shop was, the three words just kept ringing in my year. I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER. I AM A PHOTOGRAPGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will continue with my hip hugging practice now.

1 comment:

Mary Marantz said...

hahah what an awesome story!! I love it!